Car Transport Quotes
Nowadays, everything you buy or sell can be done from the palm of your hand thanks to a smartphone and the Internet. The same is with cars, motorcycles, RVs, boats, and other vehicles. Whether you want to purchase an automobile or sell it, you can now leverage online platforms like Carvana to do this and then use services like Easy Auto Ship to transport the car from the seller’s location to your door or vice versa. Here’s how easy the process is:
- Let’s say you want to purchase a Mustang 1969 Mach 1 but it’s not available at any dealerships in your area. However, using online car buy/sell platforms like Carvana, com, eBay Motors, or Hemmings you can find the exact model throughout the U.S.
- Next, you talk to the seller online on the same platform, ask for online inspection, (some of these platforms also offer inspection services and provide you with a detailed report). Next, you can negotiate a deal and start the paperwork.
- While your paperwork is being done, you can hire a car shipping service online like Easy Auto Ship to have the car transported to you. You can use our online car shipping quote calculator to enter the name, model, and make of your car and the pickup and dropoff locations to receive the quote in a few seconds.
- Once you have the quote, you can talk to one of our live agents and figure out the dates and other aspects of the transport and coordinate everything with the car seller.
- Now you just need to sit back and relax, we will pick up your vehicle from the seller, and drop it off at your door. Even if you are importing the car from another country, that’s still not a problem, we will deal with all the hassles of customs and ensure your vehicle is delivered to you on time.
If you want to sell a car, you can do the same process, the only extra step here is you need to make a listing of your vehicle on these online car sale/purchase platforms. The rest of the process is the same.
Factors That Affect Vehicle Shipping Quotes:
Now you know how crucial car transport is in the process of selling or buying vehicles. So it is only fair that you know what factors affect car shipping quotes. When crunching numbers, auto transport companies will ask for some information from you, and depending on your car, and your transport needs, you’ll get a close estimate of the price. They usually look at the following factors to calculate car shipping costs:
- Distance: The longer it is, the more fuel and time will be used to transport and thus the higher the cost.
- Open or Enclosed: Open carrier offers less protection from the environment while an enclosed carrier completely encases your car inside a steel container so it is more expensive.
- A-Z or Terminal to Terminal: A-Z, aka, Door-to-Door involves picking up your car from your door and dropping it off to wherever you want while terminal to terminal requires you to drop and pick the car from the company’s terminal. A-Z is more expensive.
- Vehicle Weight & Dimensions: The heavier and bulkier your vehicle is, the more space it will take on the carrier and the more load it will put on the trailer’s engine. Thus, the cost will increase.
- Condition of Car: Operational vehicles are easier to load, unload and move around during transit so they cost less as compared to nonoperational cars.
- Pickup & Dropoff Locations: pickups or dropoffs involving remote areas and small towns cost more because the driver has to go out of his way and off the highway to reach these areas.
Tips For Saving Money on Car Transport Quote:
When you are buying or selling a car, your top priority will always be to save as much money as possible without cutting corners on anything. Since car shipping is a big part of the process, here are a few things you can do to get a car shipping quote closer to your budget.
- Go For Terminal to Terminal Shipping: You can ask the seller to drop the car at the vehicle transport company’s terminal and they will then ship it to their terminal closer to your destination. From there, you can pick the car and drive it home. This will save a great deal of money.
- Advance Booking: If you book a few days ahead of the date when the car needs to be transported, the auto shipping company will have more time to find a suitable carrier for you that’s less expensive.
- Decrease the Load: Ask the seller to only fill a quarter of the gas tank because the less your vehicle weighs, the lower your auto shipping cost will be.
- Open Carrier: If your vehicle is under the price tag of $100k or if it is a casual use car, you can opt for an open carrier which costs significantly lower than the enclosed carrier.
- Season: You will get much lower car shipping quotes if you ship the vehicle in the Fall and Autumn because this is the time when the car transport industry is slow.
Easy Auto Ship Can Help:
So now that you know how easy it is to buy and move a car using just your smartphone and the internet, you can get started right away.
When it’s time to ship the car to or from the seller/buyer, feel free to give us a call, we’ll be more than happy to facilitate you.