We understand that the auto transport process can be stressful and confusing, especially for a first time shipper. That's why we compiled a list of the most common questions that our customers ask into a convenient list. If you can't find your question in the help center, feel free to call us at (888) 678-3243. One of our experienced auto transport specialists would be happy to answer any questions you may have about the car shipping process.
Costs, Payments, & Cancellation Policy
The cost to ship any vehicle depends on a few different factors, including:
- The year, make, model and condition of your vehicle. Additional fees may be applied if your vehicle does not start, run, brake or roll. Aftermarket lifts and accessories are also considered when accessing the vehicle size.
- The type of trailer shipping your vehicle. You have two options: open or enclosed. For open transport, there are also premium spots on the truck, such as above the cab, that will increase your price.
- The origin and destination of your move. This not only includes the distance between the two locations, but also the difficulty of reaching each location. For example, a location that is right off the highway will often be less expensive than a location that is 50 miles down a small country road.
- Lastly, the time of year has a large impact on the cost of shipping your vehicle.
Your quote is valid for 30 days from the date of request.
We accept all major credit cards and PayPal. We also have two payment options:
- Easy Pay: Pay online or over the phone in full
- Discounted Cash Price: Pay a small portion of the total price via credit card or paypal, and provide the driver with cash, certified check, or money order on delivery. We also offer a discount for choosing this option that is included in your quote.
No, the vehicle’s value is not considered when calculating the price. However, if you have a high dollar vehicle, we do encourage you to use an enclosed carrier.
Your quoted price is all-inclusive and is the only fee you will be asked to pay.
Yes, we offer discounts for active duty military members as well as veterans. Please call us at 888-687-3243 for more information!
Yes, depending on the number of vehicles and other particulars. All vehicles must go on the same truck, from the same pickup point to the same destination, to quality for a multi-vehicle discount. Call us at (888) 687-3243 and we’ll let you know exactly how much of a discount you can expect.
No problem, we understand that things come up and plans change! If your vehicle has not yet been assigned to a truck to be picked up, you will receive a full refund. If your vehicle has been assigned to a truck and a driver is already en route to your vehicle, you will receive a refund of your full deposit minus any fee charged by the carrier for a "dry run".
Personal Items & Insurance
Technically, the answer is no. There are many reason for this, but the main reason is that carriers hve weight limits, and unanticipated weight in your vehicle could cause problems. One suitcase or box is generally allowed, as long as it weighs less than 100lbs. Any items inside of the car will NOT be covered by insurance, so keep that in mind if you plan to ship anything inside of your car.
Other things to remember:
- Nothing can obstruct the driver's seat at any time
- Any items in your vehicle must be below window level
- You may load items inside of your vehicle or in the trunk
- Explosives, firearms, ammunition, narcotics, flammable substances, or any other illegal items are not permitted to be loaded in your car during transport under any circumstances
In the event your vehicle is delivered to you damaged, don’t worry. Here are the steps to file a damage claim:
- On delivery, mark any damages on the Bill of Lading/Vehicle Condition report
- Ask the driver for a copy of the delivery Bill of Lading (You should do this whether there is damage or not)
- Take pictures of any damage immediately
- Notify our Damage Claims Department of your claim within 24-hours of your vehicle being delivered at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please allow 24-48 hours after your submission to receive a response from a damage claims agent.
- Within 72-hours of reporting your damage claim the following must be submitted, pictures of vehicle before and after damages, Bill of Lading from delivery with damages documented, short summary of damages, at least two estimates.
- Easy Auto Ship will proceed with filing your damage claim and will update you as new information becomes available. Please note that any updates on damage claims should be requested via email for a prompt response. Damage claims take time to be evaluated and approved or denied. We will provide updates as soon as we get them from all parties involved.
Please note that or Damage Claims Department is open Monday through Friday 9:00am through 6:00pm EST.
All of our shipments are insured under our Contingent Motor Truck Cargo Policy.
No, we do not require a deductible.
Shipping anything inside of your car can damage the interior of your car due to shifting caused by rough roads or turns. Any damage that occurs due to personal items will not be covered by our cargo insurance policy.
The worth of your car is determined by the current cash value at the date of pickup.
All transport carrier companies do carry Cargo insurance. However, we do recommend having your own insurance on your vehicle.
Pickup & Delivery
There are many components of the shipment that determine the length of the transportation. You should anticipate between 3 and 5 business days for pickup in standard transportation options. After pickup, you can expect your car to be in transit for 4-10 business days. The actual transit time will depend on the distance and popularity of the route.
We can provide you with guaranteed dates and times for an added fee. If you need guaranteed dates and times, please call us for a customized quote.
Someone will have to be present for both pickup and delivery. If you can't be there, make sure that someone you trust can be there. They will have to be over the age of 18 and able to provide identification, and they will be responsible for inspecting the vehicle closely for any damage and marking it properly on the Bill of Lading at both locations.
For the best pricing and carrier options, you should book at least 2 weeks in advance. Giving us up to a month to secure the best route and pricing for you is ideal. We understand that a window that large isn't always an option, though. In the event that you must transport your vehicle quickly, we have Account Executives that specialize in ASAP transport. This option generally costs more, but it is still an option.
Leaving at least 1/4 of a tank in your car is sufficient. Leaving more in the tank is fine, but less could leave you out of gas on your way home from the delivery.
The cleaner the exterior of your car is, the easier it is to notice any preexisting scratches or dents at pickup. If there are any attachments on your vehicle, such as luggage or bike racks, remove them before pickup. It's also a good idea to cover your driver's side floor mat and seat to prevent any dirt from being transferred to your car in the event that the driver needs to move the car during pickup or delivery, which is likely. You should also remove or disable any security devices or automatic toll devices, and they can cause issues during transport.
Absolutely! As soon as your vehicle has been dispatched, you'll receive an email with an estimated pickup time and date, as well as your driver's name and phone number. Your driver will usually call a few hours before arriving.
As long as a driver has not already been assigned to your shipment, you can change your first available pickup date.
No. We only require the keys and the vehicle itself.
We do offer Door-to-Door auto transport, but there are some circumstances where it is not available. If you live on a narrow street or on a street with large, low-hanging trees where a carrier wouldn't be able to drive or park, you can meet them in a nearby parking lot. If you live in a rural area that is far out of the way, you may be able to save yourself some money by arranging pickup or delivery in the nearest major city or by the nearest interstate.
When getting your quote, use the most specific information you have. The zip code or city name is sufficient to generate an accurate quote.
Types of Shipping Services
Door-to-Door auto transport allows you to have your vehicle picked up and/or delivered to your home, or as close as the driver can legally and safely get to your home. Drivers are restricted in some cities due to narrow streets, trees that hang over the street, tight turns, etc. In the event that the driver can't meet you at your actual address, they will gladly arrange pickup at any nearby parking lot large enough to accomodate loading or unloading.
The average auto transport carrier has two levels. While cars on the bottom level are generally safe and protected from the elements, rocks or road debris can fly up and cause minor damage to the vehicles. Cars loaded onto the top level are protected from the elements, which makes top loading ideal for high end or vintage cars. You can request to be loaded on the top level, but the driver will likely have to move around the whole trailer to accommodate the request, so we do charge a $75 fee for this service. At the time of pickup, if the driver cannot top load your vehicle for legal or safety reasons, you will be refunded the full amount of the fee. A carrier with a single deck will be considered a top load, as there will not be any vehicles loaded on top of yours.
Open transport is the most common method of shipping, used by dealerships to deliver new cars. Vehicles shipped on open carriers are safe and protected, but they are exposed to the elements, such as sun, rain, dust, etc. For extra protection, you can request that your car be top loaded.
Enclosed transport is ideal for high end, vintage, collector, or luxury cars. The vehicle is fully enclosed and protected from any road debris or damage due to weather conditions.
Easy Auto Ship has enclosed auto transport options, as well as the standard open auto transport options.
We are able to ship a car that doesn't run, but it will likely cost a little more. Loading and unloading will also take longer, as a winch will be necessary to load your vehicle on to the carrier. Not all drivers are able to pick up inoperable vehicles, so your options may be slightly limited.
We can still provide you with an accurate quote, but you will need to call us to receive a custom quote based on your situation. Our online shipping calculator generates quotes based on the average size, height, and weight of your vehicle, so any modifications will cause a slight raise in price. Any modifications will have to be disclosed when you're booking your order, and custom orders must be booked by phone.
We can absolutely transport your car, but we highly suggest enclosed shipping to keep it in pristine condition. Enclosed shipping will be perfectly safe for any high-end car.
Yes, but it generally costs an additional $50 to cover the permit costs.
Yes, we can pick up or delivery at any storage facility, as long as there is enough room. You will need to settle any bill with the storage facility beforehand to avoid issues. If your vehicle is inoperable, this must be disclosed when you book y9ur shipment, as some carriers don't have the proper equipment to load and unload vehicles that don't run.
Please have the following information handy when booking your shipment:
- Year, make, and model of the vehicle
- Full pickup and delivery address
- Names and phone numbers for whoever will be present at pickup and delivery (either you or your trusted contact)
- Valid credit card information (We will not charge your card at this time, but we will need to authorize the card to make sure the information has been entered correctly)
- If you intend to pay with PayPal, let us know when you're booking so we can send you the correct instructions for the process
When getting your quote, use the most specific information you have. The zip code or city name is sufficient to generate an accurate quote.
Easy Auto Ship offers transportation options for:
- Standard vehicles (sedans, pickup trucks, SUVs, minivans, and regular cargo and passenger vans);
- Farm equipment
- Construction equipment
- And more!
If you need something shipped that isn't on this list, call us and get a quote! We even ship freight!
Your initial quote will be sent to you via email, as well as any promotions or important information regarding your quote. If your quote expires, the information is saved and can be reopened by your email address. We don't send junk or spam. We will only send you information regarding your quote/order, including updates and promotions that yiou qualify for, and we never sell or share your information. If you don't have an email address, or would rather not provide one, please feel free to call us at 800-266-2202 and get a customized quote without sharing any of your personal information with us.
A vehicle is considered operable if it can start up, be driven in forward and reverse, and be steered properly with the steering wheel, all without outside assistance. Otherwise, it is considered inoperable, which will require a special loading process and a fee. If your vehicle is inoperable, this must be disclosed when booking your transport.
We do provide refunds on cancelled orders as long as they qualify. To receive a full refund, your shipment must not be dispatched (assigned to a driver) yet. If your shipment has already been dispatched, your payment is refundable, excluding the $195 service fee or the amount of your deposit, whichever is less. We retain this service fee because a reservation for your vehicle has already been made, and this fee covers services rendered. This is non-negotiable.
Customers Love Us
Don't just take our word for it though! Check out the thousands of five star reviews we've earned by striving to be the best in the auto transportation industry.