In the past car shipping used to be a very effortless process, booking a car transport service was the only effort you had to make. However, the recent pandemic caused by the novel Coronavirus has made things a bit difficult for everyone.
If you want to ship a car now, you need to be extra cautious to ensure your safety and limit the risk of exposure to the virus. We have discussed the process to ship a car nowadays below, let’s have a look.
Precautions to Take When Getting Car Shipping Service:
The process of preparing to ship a car hasn’t really changed much during the pandemic. You just need to take a few necessary precautions, and everything should go pretty smoothly. Here’s everything you need to do:
Before Car Shipping:
- Firstly, make sure that the car is clean from the inside, and has no personal possessions because there is a risk of theft. Plus, the insurance policy of car shipping companies doesn’t cover the personal belongings inside the car, so if they go missing, you won’t be able to do anything.
- Secondly, put a safety kit inside the car for the person on the receiving end. You can put face masks, disinfectant wipes and hand sanitizer in the kit. You need to ensure the person picking up the car is not exposed to any risks.
- Lastly, if you are going to the bank to get the cash for the car transport service, we suggest you ask the cashier to put the money in an envelope. You want to limit your exposure to the bills as you don’t know where they’ve been. This will also ensure the safety of carrier while receiving the bills.
While Dropping Off:
- When you meet the carrier to drop your car or when they come to pick it up, make sure to wear an N95. If you don’t have one, make a mask from the materials you have at home as recommended by the CDC.
- Also, be sure to wear disposable gloves, so you don’t get anything on your hands while giving money or signing the paperwork. Also, maintain at least 6ft of distance from everyone.
- It is also suggested that you have your own pen to sign things to further limit the exposure. Also, make sure to carefully wash your hands using soap for at least 20 seconds after meeting with the driver.
While Picking Up:
- Whether you pick up the vehicle or someone you designated for the task, you need to follow all precautions mentioned in the above two sections.
- Although the car shipping process is pretty straightforward so there should be no contaminants on it, we still suggest you treat it like it as a potential risk. So cleaning the car with disinfecting spray and wearing gloves is recommended.
- Make sure to thoroughly disinfect the areas that are likely touched by the carrier like steering wheel, gear shift, and door handle.
All of these precautions might sound a bit ‘extra’; however, these things go a long way in protecting you and the carrier. If you follow everything we have mentioned, you should be able to ship a car smoothly and safely.
Car shipping during this pandemic won’t require much effort from your end. We just need you to follow the few precautions mentioned above, and we at Easy Auto Ship will take care of the rest.
Our expert crew is fully capable and trained to handle your valuable car with utmost care. Just call us to reserve a spot in our transport truck, and we will ensure you get timely delivery.