DIY Transport is a fully licensed and bonded Transport Management Company registered with the USDOT; our broker license number is xxxxxxxx. This agreement is entered into between the customer and his, her or its duly authorized agents, (hereinafter referred to as "Customer"), and DIY Transport.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
Customer has the option to cancel a shipping order at any time, at no cost and with no cancellation fee, before the order has been assigned/dispatched to a carrier/transporter. Our services are considered rendered when a carrier/transporter is assigned to an order.
Refunds will be processed within two business days of the cancellation request.
Cancellation requests must be submitted in writing via email sent to info@DIY Transport.com. DIY Transport
does not accept or honor cancellations made via phone call.
will notify the Customer via email to the email address provided at time of service booking, when a carrier/transporter has been assigned/dispatched to an order.
A cancellation fee of $199 will be assessed If Customer requests cancellation of the shipping order after a carrier/transporter has been assigned/dispatched, as our services will have been rendered. Any remaining balance will be refunded in full.
Contract Terms and Liability Disclaimer
- Our Carrier will pick up and deliver as close to Customer's door as is legally and safely possible. Some conditions, such as low-hanging trees, low-hanging wires, narrow streets or residential area restrictions, may require a mutually agreed-upon place to load or unload the vehicle(s).
- DIY Transport shall provide Customer with an estimated pickup and estimated delivery date, but cannot make guarantees regarding pickup and delivery times and dates because delays may occur prior to, and/or during, transport due to weather, road conditions, mechanical problems, etc. DIY Transport and/or its Carrier shall not be held responsible for loss or damages occasioned by delays of any kind or for any reason, car rental fees or any accommodation fees. DIY Transport and/or its Carrier shall not be held liable for failure of mechanical or operating parts of Customer's vehicle.
- Customer authorizes Carrier to operate and transport Customer's motor vehicle between its pickup location and the destination set forth on the shipping order and Bill of Lading.
- Customer must prepare vehicle for transport. Loose parts, fragile accessories, low- hanging spoilers, etc. must be removed or secured. Customer shall remove all non-permanent, outside mounted luggage and other racks prior to shipment. Vehicles must be presented to Carrier in good running condition, unless otherwise noted, with no more than a half-tank of fuel (preferably 1/4 tank). If a part of the vehicle falls off during transport, damages are the Customer's responsibility, including damages caused by said part to any vehicles(s) and/or person involved.
- Customer must disarm any alarm system that may be installed in the vehicle or provide proper instructions to do so. In the event said alarm sounds and there are no keys or instructions to turn it off, Carrier may silence alarm by any means.
- Luggage and/or personal property must be confined to one suitcase or one bag, and must be placed in the trunk only, and must not exceed 100 lbs. Carrier and DIY Transport are not liable for personal items left in vehicle, nor for damage to vehicle caused by excessive or improper loading of personal items. No personal property shall be transported in customer's vehicle(s) that includes, but is not limited to, Explosives, Guns, Ammunition, Flammable Products, Narcotics, Negotiable and Legal Papers, Alcoholic Beverages, Jewelry, Furs, Money, Live Pets, Live Plants or any unlawful contraband. Customer agrees that DIY Transport/Carrier may confiscate or dispose of said items with no remuneration. DIY Transport/Carrier will not be held responsible for delivery of personal property. Customer puts items in the vehicle at his/her/its own risk.
- International Orders: the vehicle must be empty except for factory-installed equipment. Indicate the serial number and the vehicle's approximate value in U.S. dollars. Customer is responsible for the proper customs paperwork and may seek help from the assigned Carrier. Any order placed on our website that has a pickup and/or delivery location, such as a port, will be subject to an additional charge of $100. The booked price on our website, https://www.DIY Transport.com, does not include the extra charge of $100.
- Customer must inquire as to extra charges if the vehicle is inoperable or oversized (dual or oversized wheels, extra-large, racks, lifted, limo, etc.). If DIY Transport is not advised of inoperable or oversized/modified vehicles prior to pickup, all extra charges must be paid in cash or money order to the Carrier upon delivery.
- Customer agrees that DIY Transport has the right to reject (cancel) any order for any reason at any time.
- Customer and Carrier will carefully inspect the vehicle for pre-existing damage (exterior only) at the time of pickup, by completing a vehicle inspection report recorded on the Bill of Lading. Both Carrier and Customer will acknowledge the condition of the vehicle and Customer will sign and receive a copy of the Bill of Lading.
- At the time of delivery, Customer and Carrier will inspect the vehicle for possible damages incurred during transit. Both Carrier and Customer will acknowledge the condition of the vehicle and Customer will sign and receive a final copy of the Bill of Lading.
Damage must be noted in the proper place on the Bill of Lading and signed by Customer regardless of weather conditions, time of day or day of week. Signing the Bill of Lading and inspection report without notation of any damage verifies that Customer has received his/her/its vehicle(s) in satisfactory condition, and that DIY Transport/Carrier and their agents are relieved of any further responsibility. Carrier damage claims are covered by a minimum of $750,000 public liability and property damage. All claims must be submitted in writing within 24 hours of delivery. DIY Transport will share the Carrier insurance policy details upon request. Customer agrees that DIY Transport is not liable for any property damage claims to Customer’s vehicle and that his, her or its sole remedy is against the Carrier.
Customer agrees and understands that DIY Transport may contract with other licensed and insured motor carrier(s), (hereinafter referred to as "Carrier"), to transport the vehicle(s) described in this shipping order. DIY Transport and Carrier reserve the right to use multiple modes of transportation, including but not limited to truck, rail and ship.
Customer further agrees and understands that DIY Transport’s sole responsibility in the transaction between the customer and DIY Transport is to procure a carrier for shipment of the customer’s property. Customer understands that DIY Transport never takes possession of, transports, or delivers the Customer’s property.
Customer agrees and understands that all claims for damage to property arising out or occurring during the taking possession of, transporting, or delivery of Customer’s property falls under the Carmack Amendment, if the transport is interstate.
As outlined in Section 10761 of the Interstate Commerce Act (49 USC 10761) the payment of freight charges may not be postponed due to alleged loss or damage. These charges should be paid in full and the portion applicable to the lost or damaged item should be included in the freight claim.
The following items are important to remember:
a) Claims and payment of freight charges are two entirely different transactions.
b) ICC regulations prohibit withholding the payment of freight bills due to a pending claim. (Administrative Ruling No. 128)
c) Without payment of the freight charges, payment for transportation has not been made. A valid claim will not be paid until freight charges are paid.
- Carrier accepts responsibility of vehicle after pre-inspection is done and Bill of Lading is signed by the Customer. Carrier’s responsibility will end when the vehicle is delivered and Customer signs the final Bill of Lading inspection.
- DIY Transport/Carrier will not be responsible for damage caused by acts of God, hail or storm damage, or damage resulting from any worn or broken parts of the vehicle or added personal items.
- Customer shall, in his/her/its absence, designate a person to act as agent at the point of pickup and/or delivery if for any reason Customer is unavailable.
- Customer warrants that he/she/it will pay in full the transportation price due to DIY Transport/Carrier and will not try to offset any dispute for damage claims and/or delays etc. from freight (transport) charges. It is the Customer's responsibility to provide payment when Carrier arrives unless the balance has been prepaid in full. All payments to Carrier on orders booked as "Discounted Cash Price" must be in the form of cash, cashier's check or money order -- no exceptions. Certified funds must be made payable to the delivering Carrier and not to DIY Transport. Personal checks, debit or credit cards for orders booked as "Discounted Cash Price" will NOT be accepted for the remaining balance -- no exceptions. Customer acknowledges that if the payment cannot be made by these methods, the vehicle will be stored, at Customer's expense, until Customer pays all transport charges in full. Should Customer be unable to accept delivery for any reason, the vehicle will be placed in storage; any and all storage and re-delivery charges will be the responsibility of Customer.
- This Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Ohio.
- The parties here agree that all actions or proceedings arising in connection to this agreement shall be tried and litigated exclusively in the State or Federal (if permitted by law and a party elects to file an action in federal court) courts located in Mahoning County, in the state of Ohio. This choice of venue is mandatory and not permissive in nature, and precludes the possibility of litigation between the parties with respect to, or arising out of, this Agreement in any jurisdiction other than that specified in this section. Each party waives any right it may have to object to venue with respect to any proceeding brought in accordance with this section. By action of this provision, the parties agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the aforementioned court.
- Customer shall defend, indemnify, and hold harmless DIY Transport from any and all actual or alleged claims, demands, causes of action, liability, loss, damage and/or injury (to property or persons, including without limitation wrongful death), whether brought by an individual or other entity, imposed by a court of law or by administrative action of any federal state or local agency, arising out of or incident to any acts, omissions, negligence, or willful misconduct of DIY Transport, or the Carrier, its personnel, employees, agents, or contractors in connection with or arising out of DIY Transport or the Carrier’s actions. The indemnification includes, without limitation, the payment of all penalties, fines, judgments, awards, attorney’s fees, and related costs or expenses, and any reimbursements to DIY Transport for all legal expenses and costs incurred by it.
- Neither party may assign, directly or indirectly, all or part of its rights or obligations under this Agreement without the prior written consent of the other party, which consent shall not be unreasonably withheld or delayed.
- Invalidity or unenforceability of one or more of the provisions in this Agreement shall not affect any other provisions of this Agreement.
This agreement and any shipment hereunder is subject to all terms and conditions of Carrier's tariff and the uniform straight Bill of Lading, copies of which are available at the office of Carrier. This supersedes all prior written or oral representation of DIY Transport and constitutes the entire agreement between Customer and DIY Transport and may not be changed except in writing signed by an officer of DIY Transport. Inc. Customer warrants that he, she or it has read this agreement in its entirety and by continuing with the transaction, fully understands and agrees to its terms. Customer further waives any claims or defenses based in whole or in part on not reading, knowing, or understanding these terms and conditions and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless DIY Transport for any fees or costs, including attorney’s fees and costs, arising out of any claims or defenses asserted based upon not reading, having knowledge of, or understanding these terms and conditions.
DIY Transport's U.S. Department of Transportation Broker's license number is xxxxxxxx.
Ready to Transport that vehicle? Call DIY Transport NOW at (800) 266-2202! Or Get an Instant Quote HERE